Carpet stains are truly a wonder to behold for the most unexpected types of stains constantly end up in your carpet. But how do you really deal with various types of stains? Whether you are dealing with wine, color or pet stains, here are a few carpet cleaning pointers from the professionals. Cleaning your carpets can be easy if you know what you are dealing with.
Dealing With Different Carpet Stains
Cleaning special water-soluble stains
- Use one tablespoon of ammonia combined with one cup of water. Just remember to avoid using this solution on wool blend carpet, instead use cleaning solution and water.
- If that does not work, you can attempt one part chlorine bleach to 5 parts water, however this only works on solution-dyed carpets, such as polypropylene.
- Bleach will hurt other kinds of carpets; contact the producer if you are uncertain what kind of carpet you have.
Cigarette Burns These can be eliminated by carefully rubbing the stack with the edge of a difficult and flat surface area, such as a dull knife.
Glue Dampen a cotton ball or soft fabric with rubbing alcohol and press it on the afflicted location. When the glue residue is completely dampened, carefully clean it off and repeat till the carpet is tidy.
Nail Polish Blot the location with a rag dipped in nail polish eliminator.
Urine Soak up as much as possible with white towels, then blot with a moist, cool fabric. Next, spray or blot with a service of one part white vinegar to one part water. Use an option of 1/2 teaspoon of clear, moderate, nonbleach cleaning agent blended with 32 ounces of water, rinse, and blot dry.
Cleaning water soluble carpet stains
- You can start cleaning any carpet discoloration by blotting the stained area and dry starting from the outside going in. Never ever scrub the carpet, or you run the risk of destroying the carpet fibers or letting the spill soak through to the rug. For more particular recommendations, discover your kind of stain listed below.
- ice cream
- food color
- ink (washable)
- latex paint
2. In addition to these techniques, there are a number of area carpet stain removers on the marketplace; prior to you attempt one, test it out in an unnoticeable area to ensure it does not bleed on your carpet.
3. Utilize a basic carpet cleaning solution: a mixture of nonbleach cleaning agent blended with water or you can use vinegar and water solution.
Carpet Cleaning Maintenance
- Ensure that the cleaning device you select has enough vacuum power to allow the carpet to dry in 6 to 12 hours or you might run the risk of damage from getting it too damp.
- To dry carpets faster, use a dehumidifier or electric fan. Know that if your carpet is damp for more than 24 hr, you run the risk of mildew and germs development.
- Pick a carpet cleaning service that has a pH of 10 or less, and make sure you eliminate all cleaning agent after cleansing.
- Verify your warranty. Carpets with stain resistance should be cleaned up with products created specifically for them or you run the risk of hindering their efficiency and voiding your guarantee.
Even if you do not have any stains in your carpet, you still need to constantly have your carpet completely cleaned up every 12 to 18 months. You can call a trusted carpet cleaning company or rent a steam carpet cleaner.
MBHS Carpet Cleaning
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577