Upholstery cleaning is not an easy task. It requires sufficient time as well as certain skills, equipment, and tools. This is especially true if you are looking for high-quality cleaning results. If so, you should definitely consider hiring professionals such as MBHS Carpet Cleaning to assist you in cleaning your upholstered furniture.
On the other hand, if you are like those homeowners who wish to clean their house on their own, consider the following tips from Myrtle Beach upholstery cleaning experts.
- Use dry upholstery attachment with your vacuum. Many professionals will agree that the key to keeping your upholstered furniture clean and in good condition is frequent vacuuming. Be sure that you use dry upholstery attachment with your vacuum to avoid damaging your furniture. If your vacuum does not come with this attachment, use the stiff bristle brush attachment as this works effectively in loosening dirt and debris that have dried on your furniture.
- Also, do not forget to vacuum even the hard to reach and hidden areas of your upholstered furniture. Keep in mind that even if these are not exposed to dirt and debris, they can still get dirty especially if not cleaned regularly. For these areas, it is recommended that you use the crevice tool of your vacuum cleaner. You should ensure that no dirt and debris will accumulate on your upholstered furniture as these do not only make your furniture look untidy. They also cause damage to the furniture by wearing out the fibers.
- Keep a pack of baby wipes near the living room. Because baby wipes are soft and gentle, they are also great for cleaning your upholstered furniture. You do not have to use any type of solution with the wipes because it already has soap and water. Moreover, it has the right amount of moisture to effectively remove stains and spills on your carpet. Keeping a pack in the living room allows you to easily and quickly clean spills as they happen. As a result, spills will not have time to seep through the furniture and make it more difficult for you to clean.
- Hire Myrtle Beach upholstery cleaning professionals to apply fabric protector. Most upholstered furniture is already treated with fabric protector. On the other hand, this wears out over time so you will have to re-apply the fabric protector. To ensure you apply it the right way, hire a professional to do it for you. But be sure to ask the furniture’s manufacturer if the furniture has been pre-treated or not. Seek recommendations on the right brand of fabric protector to use with the furniture. It is important that your upholstered furniture has fabric protector as this works to protect the furniture from stains.
- Always clean stains as they happen and as you see them. Cleaning experts believe that one of the keys to effectively cleaning upholstered furniture is being able to clean stains and spills as they happen. On the other hand, it is impossible for homeowners to always catch spills. After all, they cannot spend all their time watching and guarding their furniture. But it helps if you are able to clean stains right away as soon as you see them. To help you with this, you should have cleaning materials stashed near the living room so you can easily and quickly reach for them whenever you see spills on your furniture.
- Avoid scrubbing. Although scrubbing is an effective way to remove stains and stubborn dirt and grime on your furniture, it can also easily damage your furniture. Moreover, it can cause the dirt and grime to seep further into your furniture. This is why experts strongly warn against scrubbing.
- To remove stubborn stains, use a stain remover and allow it to sink through the fibers of your furniture. Blot away the stain remover after several minutes. Repeat the process if there is still the presence of a stain on your furniture.
For more professional upholstery cleaning tips, call MBHS Carpet Cleaning now.
MBHS Carpet Cleaning
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577