If you read this, there’s a good chance it is already too late and you have to call the professionals regarding your carpet cleaning problems. Unless you knew how to apply “first-aid” treatment on your carpet, you probably have a permanent carpet stain.
What You Can Try
- Initially, eliminate as much of the staining substance as possible. Then, using a clean rag or towel, put Isopropyl alcohol on the towel and gently blot the affected location. If this does not work, stop what you are doing. If you scrub the alcohol in too deeply, you might damage the latex support.
- Next, try non-lanolin, non-bleach meal washing cleaning agent. Mix 1/4 teaspoon with a quart of water. Again, blot with the rag. Using a spray bottle wash the stain and blot dry. Then, spray again lightly, this time permitting the carpet to dry under a weighted paper towel. If the stain still isn’t gone, dampen the spot with a 3 % mix of hydrogen peroxide and let it dry for one hour. If that doesn’t work, it’s probably time to contact a carpet cleaning professional.
Have You Made the Carpet Stain Worse?
If you have already tried carpet stain removal and it did not work or became worse, you may have inadvertently made the stain permanent. These are a few of the activities that can trigger a stain to set, implying you may have to invest in a carpet cleaning professional:
- Scrubbing the stain
- Using heat to the impacted carpet
- Overlooking the stain
- Drowning the carpet in cleaning option
- Failing to get rid of any excess drug
It’s likewise essential to utilize a clean, dry fabric and you need to constantly pretest the carpeting in an inconspicuous area. Apply the cleaning solution to the cloth, not straight on the stain.
What Are The Chances of Restoring Your Stained Carpet?
Some carpet spots are produced by compounds that irreparably change your carpeting’s color. When this takes place, your only recourse is to call your carpet cleaning professional. More than likely, the stained location will have to be replaced with extra carpeting or a spot cut from an unnoticeable location in the carpet. Some of the compounds that issue this death sentence are fertilizers and insecticides, hair dyes, iodine, bleach, alkaline cleaners, acne medication, and acid toilet bowl cleaners.
What to Do Next Time
Before another carpeting stain happens, you must read the carpet manufacturer’s handbook on carpet stain removal. It’s completely possible your carpet must be managed in a specific method when it’s stained to protect the carpeting.
Call MBHS Carpet Cleaning and speak with their carpet cleaning professional.
MBHS Carpet Cleaning
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577