A lot of us love carpets, but now a whole lot like carpet cleaning. Who does? Carpets are heavy and hard to clean if you don’t know how to. If you are oblivious about the proper ways of cleaning your carpets or simply don’t have the time to deal with it, it’s best to leave it to the experts. Your vacuum will come in handy when you want to get the job done. However, vacuuming is not a universal solution. On the other hand, all hope is not lost. Here are some tips on how you can keep those carpets clean and in good condition:
Carpet cleaning tips every homeowner should know
- Always check carpet cleaning solutions for toxic chemicals – a lot of cleaning solutions have toxic chemicals in them that aren’t obvious on the label. Do check to see if anything pops up as toxic and stay away from such products. Professional that offer cleaning services like MBHS Carpet Cleaning only uses carpet-friendly solutions.
- Clean your carpets on a regular basis – don’t let dirt accumulate on your carpet before you start cleaning. A quick vacuuming session once or twice a week will keep your carpets clean all the time.
- Be cautious when using chemicals – if you aren’t too sure about the strength or how a particular chemical reacts with your carpet, take caution. Test the chemicals on some old rags first before applying on your carpet.
- Don’t hesitate to call the pros – if you don’t want to damage your carpets, you should hire the pros right away. Professional carpet cleaning services will be your best bet if what you’re after is carpet preservation and peace of mind.
- Proper installation – before you get to have carpets in your home it has to be first installed. Proper installation is key. Most of the time, homeowners leave this task to professionals since the installation process could be a bit tricky.
- Choose the right underlayment – as with choosing the right carpet, it is also best to pick out the right underlayment for stability.
- Prevent heavy soiling – if you want to lessen the burden of carpet cleaning, be sure that guests and other people living in the house remove the dirt on their shoes at the front door. Placing a doormat would help.
- Vacuum frequently – scheduled vacuum sessions would greatly help in terms of keeping your carpet clean. Don’t wait until there is obvious discoloration on your carpet before you vacuum.
- Keep drinks away from carpeted areas – stains can be quite a headache especially if you have light-colored carpets. One simple way to avoid this dilemma is to keep drinks away from carpeted areas.
- Clean stains immediately – if you do happen to notice stains on your carpet, don’t wait too long to clean it up. Fresh stains remove easily compared to old ones that have already soaked deep into the carpet.
- Be wary of stain removing solutions- these solutions could do more harm than good. Be sure to test such solutions before applying them on stains.
- Use steam cleaning – for a more effective clean, opt for steam cleaning. Professionals that offer carpet cleaning services in Myrtle Beach use this method a lot and it is more effective than simply vacuuming.
Got carpets in need of thorough cleaning? Call MBHS Carpet Cleaning today!
MBHS Carpet Cleaning
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577